I can't help it. I have to post these unflattering pictures of my belly to tell my story of the day.
Today I took Sadie to the doctor for her 5 year/kindergarten check up. While we were waiting in the patient room she was sitting on my lap and while rubbing my tummy told me,
"Mom, you are shaped just like Mickey Mouse! A big round circle for the head and to medium circles for the ears."
I lost it! LOL! Just then, the nurse walked in and got the detailed run down of how mommy looks like Mickey Mouse. How embarrassing! That little girls imagination! She kills me!
I'm 31 weeks pregnant and measuring 3 weeks bigger. :) , is exactly how I feel.
And no, the due date won't change {waaaaaaaa}. It's common for expectant moms of children with Down syndrome to have extra amniotic fluid.
I have an ultrasound scheduled this week to see if everything looks normal.
Other than that, I'm feeling good. Tired and big, but good.
9 weeks is a long way to go.






10 comments:
Hi Amy...I really enjoyed your talk Sunday :) Did you catch Sadie and Addison making a ruckus in the back? Kevin looked less than thrilled, lol. I had to laugh though...Addie was so thrilled to see Sadie. Anyway, you look fantastic for being 31 weeks! I just wanted to stop in and say hello.
Your bump is wonderful and not long to go now!!!! Look after yourself
Fleur
xx
Love the mickey mouse story, that is great.
You look great and I know what you mean by 9 weeks being a LONG time. Back in March I would tell people I was due in May they'd say oh that is coming up and I thought they were crazy because it feels so very far away. I am on the count down and just over 3 weeks. Of course I tell myself 24 days instead of 3 weeks because for some reason that sounds like less time. Hope all goes well with the next ultrasound. Let me know if you need anything....
Amy I think you and your bump look wonderful, I wish i looked that good when pregnant no long to go until your beautiful little boy is here how exciting.
You know, she is kind of right - it does look like Mickey Mouse and who doesn't love Mickey Mouse???
Amy, I feel your fat pain. I can't tell you how many dumb comments I've heard this month...My fav," Your turkey looks done"....cause my belly button pokes out...people SERIOUSLY need to think before they talk...I guess this is pay back for the dumb things I say before thinking...Hope you know how much I've been thinking about you...Excited to meet this little guy! You'll have to come swimming with us this summer...we can complain about our baby weight together.
Sadie is so funny!! It was good to see you at the wedding...and I think you looked beautiful!!
You look fabulous!! What a cute story!!! Wish you the best of luck with the next 9 weeks!
Mickey Mouse is a great compliment, I think :) I am so excited for you and this new baby! You are Wonder Woman and if anyone has the strength and sweet spirit to handle 4 kids, it's you!!
I love this story! Kate was assigning Alvin and the Chipmunks characters to each of our family... and of course I am Theodore!..."Because you are soft and round just like him!" They keep us humble, don't they! I think you look great!
Post a Comment