Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Western Night!


We recently had a western night party at our church.  And it stirred up my creative juices!  I made a western bandanna type skirt for Sadie.  It only cost me $5 to make!  She just looked adorable!  Now she needs a cute pair of red cowboy boots!  Cole was a cowboy for halloween last year and now that I've made this skirt for Sadie,  I think it would be fun to have them be cowboy & cowgirl this year.  We'll see if they're willing.  I love his chaps my mother-in-law handed down.  It just makes the outfit!  

Now that I've sewn so much for Sadie, I've tempted with the idea to sew a skirt for me.  I found this book online called "Sew What! SKIRTS"and checked it out at the library to decide if I really want to purchase it.   I have only made one skirt from it(sadie's skirt) and I LOVE not having a pattern and just using the body measurements!  This will have to be a definite purchase!  The possibilities could be endless!!   It's great for a beginner like me! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sadie did look adorable...if I ever have a girl I will have to place a big order for some awesome little girl clothes.

Jill said...

Amy, you are amazing. DARLING!!

suzi said...

Beginner?! Give me a break! You are a pro! I love all of the little things you make!

Related Posts with Thumbnails