Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day weekend 2010

The young women of our ward had a fundraiser for Girls Camp.  We offered chocolate covered strawberries and carmel/chocolate covered pretzels for Mother's Day.  The men in our ward LOVED this idea!  We raised over $700.  Way more than expected.  


Saturday morning we dipped 250 strawberries, 220 Pretzels, boxed, bagged and delivered them.  



It was a pretty easy fundraiser.  Especially with all the help of the young women.
For details on the fundraiser, click here.

Sadie was so into Mother's day.  She was so excited to bring me breakfast in bed. 
My favorite, French Toast.  Thanks Kev, it was delicious!

Cole was the first to wake me up with his gift he made at school.  
It was quite sweet to see the kids excited for this day.

My cute little waitress.

MaryJane thought breakfast in bed was a pretty good idea too.  She helped me enjoy every bite!

 Kevin prepared my favorite dinner for his Mom and I. 
Great weather, great food and great company.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mother.  I just love every minute of it.
Thanks to the Mom's in my life, for all you do for me and my little family!  

10 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

Amy, I loved reading all of your updates! I wish I had known about the yummy treats, I totally would have bought some... I cant believe Cole is 7...why did i think he was so much younger than Evan?! Only a year...big baptism for you next year. Oh, and I agree with you about the beach! Wish we lived near one too... Hope to see you soon...

Jill said...

Looks like so much fun! You deserve it!

Anneliese said...

Loved the fundraiser! Such a great idea and such darling packaging. How do you have time for such cuteness? Total over-achiever.

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

So hopefully you'll get this (since you posted it SO LONG ago!) I linked over her from Sugardoodle and LOVE your idea! We've done cookie dough in the past, which was a hit, but we're wanting to try different things. So I just had a question for you. How did you structure the pricing? When we did the cookie dough, we just did "donation-based" and so some people paid #1 for their pound of dough, while others paid $50. It was good and bad, and probably would have been extremely successful in a better economy. Also, where did you find your boxes? Any info you can share would be HUGELY appreciated! You can respond by shooting me an email: dorese {at} gmail {dot} com. Thanks so much!

Katie said...

I have some of the same questions: Where did you get your boxes and ow did you price it. Also how did you contact the Men for Valentines?
Love this idea!

Stacey said...

I had the same questions as the ladies above. My email is sehaslem at sbcglobal dot net. Thanks!

Auntie Ilene said...

What a darling idea for your fundraiser. I have the same questions as the ladies above. Please email me @
ileneboyd9@yahoo.com
Thank you so very much.

Rachel Chappell said...

Hi. We are doing a fundraiser very similar to your idea. Do you know the dimensions of your boxes for the strawberries? THanks for sharing this idea! We appreciate it!

The Scotts said...

Diddo to all the ladies above! Great idea!! How much did you sell it for, how much did it cost you to buy it all etc. Thanks
shanonscott@yahoo.com

Susan Bezzant said...

I'm with everyone else. I would love some more information about your fundraiser. How did you structure the pricing? Where did you get the boxes? Thanks so much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails