Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sew-A-Thon!

Sewing is taking over my life!  Not really.  But I sure could let it!  And from your point of view, it probably looks like it.  But don't worry the kids are still alive!  So I came up with a last minute idea to have a sewing overnighter.   My parents were out of town so Stacey and I left our kids with the dads and set up camp there and sewed late into the night.  It was great to get some projects DONE!  I had MaryJane which was a little hard but after she settled down,  I got in the zone and cranked!  Sadie's one lucky girl having a mommy loving sewing and all the fun fabric out there!  And here are the results!
This is called a pillowcase dress.  You could make it out of a pillowcase but I just used fabric with the same measurements.  I've been wanting to make one for along time!  I saw this cute fabric on artsycraftybabe's blog and got my motivation!  This dress was so fun and easy!  I can't wait to make Sadie's fourth of July dress!  I already have the fabric!  Sadie just loves it!  After I showed it to her, she wore it all day! Nap and all!  A big hit!  It's so fun to see her wear clothes I made!
And a couple of skirts for the summer. 
Next I'd like to try a 3 tier dress but I had left the pattern at home. :(  Maybe next time.
 

3 comments:

Browers said...

Sooo cute! I want a pillowcase dress for my baby! hint hint:)No seriously I want you to make something for me! You and Stacey need to open a store or sell at boutiques.

clarke fam said...

That dress is soo cute!! we need to plan a "sewing night", again. See you soon!!!

Nate Insun Olivia & Sophie said...

Oh my gosh The dress is Sooooooo CUTE!!!! You are so good mom..I wish I could make one for Olivia. The fabric is so cute..and skirts are so cute. Please take a picture when Sadie wear the skirts and dress...I want to see her in that clothes. Now I feel so bad I can't be a mom like you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails