Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cole is 8!

Holy Cow!  I feel like life is at warp speed sometimes!  How is it that Cole is 8?  
His birthday was on a Sunday this year so he awoke to a quick present opening and then off to church.
He was so cute to his sisters.  He loved what they got him.  
Cole's friend party was scheduled on another day so we had the family over for a Brownie Ice Cream Sunday bar.
So pleased to be 8!


Cole's main present form us was his "dream set".  
A Ninjago set.

When this boy is on to something, he does not rest.  He is totally into this ninja Lego thing.
Naturally, he wanted a Ninjago party.
Since Ninjago is such a new series to Lego, I had to make up all the ninja stuff.  
I made this invite in photoshop.

Keegan, Nalu, Peter, Cole, Charlie, Frankie, Jonny. 

 Thankfully the week of Cole's party Target had a Ninjago sale and I bought the Ninja Cole set at $2.50 each for the party favors.  I love the sushi idea I found online.  Rice Crispy treats, Swedish fish and a fruit roll up.  All the boys devoured the treats and water.

Thanks to Fresh Market, they always do the BEST cakes for me for the best deal!  Remember this one? I tell them what I want and this is what I get.  For $20, an awesome ninja cake!  Cole LOVED it!  Jay (blue guy) is Cole's favorite ninja.  
Kevin as Sensi Wu had a fun Ninja training course.  Which lead them on a scavenger hunt around the neighborhood.  The boys loved it!  They each had to earn their Ninja mask.   
To make Lord Garmadon, I bought a smiley face pinata and spray painted it.
Their last stop on the scavenger hunt was to fight Lord Garmadon.  


It was a really fun party.  One I think Cole will always remember.  
Happy Birthday Cole!
We love you! 

8 comments:

Aunt Spicy said...

My Favorite? I am torn between the sushi and the fab lego cake! What a great party!

sue chappell said...

How on earth do you think of these things Amy, let alone find the time to do them.....whew! Cake is adorable!

chantel said...

hahaha, every year I am so excited to see what Kevin is dressed aas for Cole's party. I was glad to see this year I was not disappointed. I am going to hire you to do all of my kids bday partys, so stinkin cute

chantel said...

whew Imean parties

Mommyof4 said...

you are AMAZING! so creative!!

Jill said...

Looks like such a fun party!! That cake is amazing and I am loving Kevin's scavenger hunt! LOVE IT ALL!

cammy said...

Hi there! Great party ideas! I'm planning my soon-to-be 7 year old's party and was wondering how did you make the fabulous ninja masks?

Caity said...

I'm planning a party for my friends son and was wondering how you made the Ninjago masks - any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails