Nana and Grandpa thought it would be fun to take the grandkids to the Kangaroo Zoo on Saturday for their Easter gift. The Easter Bunny even made an appearance!
Sadie surprised me and was all over the place! She LOVED it! Thanks Nana and Grandpa for the fun afternoon!

Our fun filled day ended with dying Easter eggs!

I think my kids are just SO SICK of me taking their picture all the time, It seams I can never get them to look at the camera anymore. Such a Chore!
I made the girls dress this year! My first dresses really. (other than the pillowcase dress) The sleeves were MUCH easier than I anticipated! All in all, a really easy pattern! I used Simplicity 4647 A for the bodice, changed out the zipper for matching fabric buttons and then my neighbor (who is a FABULOUS seamstress) taught me how to make the bottom which is called a circle skirt. (or half circle skirt which I did. It required less fabric) The fabric is made by Michael Miller. Sandi Henderson's Farmers Market Party Petal Pink. My inspiration came from the Shabby Baby dresses. So cute, but more than I wanted to spend. The dresses both cost me a total of $24 to make! Can't beat that!

On Easter we had our annual feast and egg hunt at my SIL parents home. Perfect for Easter! Thanks Butlers!

Cousins!
MaryJane decided not to participate in this photo because she was too busy doing this....

most of the evening!!!! GLUED to my hip!
Nearly Impossible to take good photos with a baby on the hip!

But here is proof that she did have an enjoyable Easter! These were taken earlier in our backyard during our mini hunt for their baskets after church. And yes, I have food stuffed in those puffy checks. Hey, at least it was a hard boiled egg and not chocolate! Had to seize the photo op!


Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend as well!




6 comments:
wow! their dresses are adorable. I need to get a sewing machine and then come and have a class from you.
You are so talented. Those dresses are darling and so are the little girls wearing them! Looks like you had a nice Easter. We are done traveling so I might actually see you in church Sunday! We are "re-activating" ourselves...LOL!!
Your girls look adorable!!!! Great job!! -Polly
what a fun easter and I LOVE the dresses you made for your girls, how cute. Thanks for the tips about the code in FLICKR, seriously it is so annoying, we will have to try it. Your pics are looking great too. Kids especially your own can be sooo frustrating to shoot!!!
great dresses! and maryjane looks just like you!
Looks like you had a GREAT time and I'm loving the outfits!!
Post a Comment