Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Please say your prayers...

for little Frankie.  
He will be having his 1st surgery on his hand tomorrow to separate his fingers.
Scheduling Frankie's surgery has been a big headache and a long story.  I'll spare you the details.  Keeping him healthy for 6 weeks straight so that he can have this done has been exhausting!  Originally he was on the schedule for June but due to the doctor who wouldn't clear him for surgery for dumb reasons, we had to push it back to July.  So I've been trying to keep him healthy for 11 weeks now!  I should be going to girls camp this week with my Young Women but this is the only time we can make this happen.  It's warm and Frankie hasn't had croup since April.  He's had croup 5 times within a 4 month period.  

I'm just ready to get the ball rolling here.  

We had some tummy time today to take advantage of Frankie's freedom before he's in a cast for three weeks.  It will take two surgery's to complete Frankie's hand and separate all three fingers.  First the pinkie, then the middle fingers.  The bones are all there and are not fused together.


I love this picture (below) of Frankie spotting his daddy.
He is the most lovable, kissable, cuddly, sweet and happy baby I could ever ask for!

Frankie's just learned how to get on his hands and knees.  It is so cute to see him rock his body in that stance.
His physical therapist is amazing!  I'm so grateful to have her teach me how to work with Frankie and his development.
He loves to put his head down like this and then pop up on all fours.  He really likes to leave his right leg straight out like that even when he pops up.  

His other new trick.
Sitting.
Sooooo big!
He's oh so close!  He finally sits in the bumbo without flopping out of it.
When he's in the mood, he can now sit for a minute or two.

Today, he was so proud of himself!


He's going to miss chewing on that thumb.
I love his two little teeth.

I want to eat. him. up!



I'm going to miss the shape of his hand and the way Frankie scratches his three fingers on things for texture and sound.  But it's for the best.  He will be taken care of by a great doctor and a great hospital!  I feel so blessed to have a great medical team watching over Frankie!








12 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh he is just too cute!!! I'll say a prayer for this sweet boy!

Park Family said...

Been thinking of you and little Frankie. I hope the surgery went well and that your little guy isn't in too much pain. Let us know if you need anything. And love love love the pictures....way to go Frankie.

Kristin said...

Prayers for you and Frankie! Will he be admitted?
Way to go on sitting big!!!!

Jill said...

These pics are so cute. We're all praying for him!!

sue chappell said...

I love this little boy and those beautiful blue eyes! He will do just fine - surrounded by love everywhere!

Lotte Lu and Brother Too said...

I'll be saying my prayers with Frankie in mind! I hope his surgery and recovery are quick and painless for both him and his mommy! Good luck!

kecia said...

I want to eat him up too! We will pray for you all!

Nanci Dueck said...

Oh my goodness, what a precious little guy!!

s g said...

he is so cute Amy, I love these photos and we will be praying for a successful surgery for little Frankie!!

Kim @ The Simpson Six said...

I love his chubby belly and his sweet little face! What a love!

Brooke said...

What a little Angel baby! Your little one is so precious. Keeping you and your family in prayer. Have a blessed weekend :o)

Becky said...

Just found your blog. Loved reading about your sweet little guy. So glad the surgery went well. He is so super cute! You are truly blessed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails