Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

10 years

March 2012

Kevin and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in Scottsdale, A.Z.  Initially we had big plans like Hawaii, a Cruise or even fun San Fransisco.  But we couldn't resist using Kevin's Hilton points to stay at a fun resort in Scottsdale.  We don't get to go out much here at home so I was really looking forward to a few days of just dating.  Eating out, going to a show, shopping and relaxing by the pool.  

The title of this post should actually be... Buses, Planes and Automobiles. :)
The flight to Scottsdale was dreamy.  It was short and I was grateful we didn't waste our precious free time flying to a far away destination.  Upon arrival, we discovered that the "easy rental car availability" wasn't so available.  It was Baseball's spring training season so, all the cars were rented out.  And to add to that strain, the awesome local bus system was on strike. :)

  I was in a panic that we might not get to do all that "dating" I had hoped for.  We took a taxi to our hotel and were stranded without a vehicle til the next morning before we found one.  Phew.  


We were able to discover some great restaurants.

 Lounge by the pool.

 Kevin got to go on a cool hike while I enjoyed the shade with a little sewing project I'd brought.
(My recovering feet were not up for a hike quite yet)

And I got to see a chick flick in these awesome reclining seats.  
This was a Dine In Theater, only we had already dined at the yummy La Grande Orange :).

 We even test drove an SUV for a free $30 gift card from American Express.  
It only took 5 minutes too. 
Easy money and I got a new shirt. :)

And finally after we returned our car in town on our last day, the bus strike had ended and we rode the bus back to our resort.  Awesome!  Kevin teased me plenty that I hadn't been on a public bus since my early childhood.  

Planes, Taxi's, Rental Car and a Bus.

It made for some fun adventure.  We really enjoyed Scottsdale and can't wait to return!  The weather was HEAVENLY in the spring.  We loved the shopping, food, resort and each others company.

Happy 10 years!   

2 comments:

Kristin said...

hAPPY 10TH!!

Jill said...

glad to see you've added some posts! Looks like a fun trip and I love the recliner movie seats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails