Cole and Sadie have been into earning money this summer and have just BEGGED me to have a lemonade stand! A simple task that I couldn't allow to be too simple. My brain went a little crazy. After all of our recent busy changes, I was MAJORLY craft deprived! And the two colors that popped into my mind were tangerine and yellow. My inspiration had begun.

We took our sweet time preparing our lemonade stand. Coloring posters, sewing a banner, and paint/build the stand.
And FINALLY just two days before our big departure to D.C...

we made cookies...

invited some friends...

and had our LeMoNaDe StAnD!!!

My favorite customer of all...

cute and adorable Mia, who couldn't get enough of those cookies!

I can't decide who enjoyed the stand more...me or the kids...I think I'm going to have to say me!
We had a great turn out and the kids made $10.00!! Thanks everyone who stopped by! We even had a local city worker stop her GIANT construction TRUCK to have some cookies and lemonade! I love it! We'll definitely have to do this again!
* to build the stand, I found wooden crates at the craft store and found the rest of the wood in my garage. Can you believe with my man out of town that I build this? Not that hard. I just nailed the top board onto the creates. Easy. I had lots of Acrylic paint on hand already and painted stripes on the wooden dowels using tape. I'll have to do a tutorial on painting stripes. The table cloth is just fabric, which I don't know the name of right now.




9 comments:
I love love love the stand--I am going to copy you for next summer! I know I copy everything you do--ha ha--thanks for all the great ideas!
that stand is so cute...what a fun summer activity and props to you for building it :) I would have loved to try the cookies and the lemonade!
I wish I had known about it...we would have definitely stopped by. If you do it again, let me know and we'll come and enjoy the treats! Have fun in DC!!
You always have the cutest ideas! Your lemonade stand is so much more extravagant then mine ever where! I love the sign that they colored, they did really well coloring it! Are you having fun in DC!
This is such an Amy Lemonade Stand, and I love it! So so cute. Great pictures. How fun for your kids er I mean you. :)
Amy you kill me! How fun. Have fun in D.C. talk to you soon-
You are so stinkin cute, I love it... My poor kids are so neglected since Ihave no creativity skills.
That is seriously darling. I can't believe how crafty and fun you are! Looks like your DC trip was great! I'm so sorry about your cameras, that's the pitts! Fun to see you this morning-nothing like baptism by fire when you get home from a trip eh? ;) Let's get together and catch up soon!
Your photos are amazing! I need a photography lesson from you!
Post a Comment