Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Little Boy

 I can not even tell you how much I LOVE this little guy!
He has brought so much beauty and love into our home.

He is pure bliss! 
He's happy, cuddly, soft, sweet and the ultimate dream baby.
I would have 10 more babies if I new they'd be as adorable and sweet as Frankie.
He has been such an easy baby.  

I really mean it when I say that I can not get enough of him. 
You can't really tell in these pictures but his cheeks have been so red and chapped lately and I'm wondering if it is because of all the kisses he is getting.
I can not resist his cheeks.
 
Can I really say that I love having a child with Down syndrome?  
Because I think I do.  
Yes, I wish Frankie could have a normal life, but at the same time, I feel that his extra chromosome makes him extra special.  Every little face of children with Down Syndrome I see just melts my heart and makes me giggle with love.  Having Frankie really has opened up my heart.
Frankie is mine and I feel SO blessed that he is in my life! 

Kelle Hampton is a mother of an adorable little girl with Down syndrome named Nella.
 Kelle has been such an inspiration to me.  The way she sees the beauty in her daughter is so uplifting.  
Today is Nella's 1st birthday and it seems like the whole world is celebrating.  
Kelle has created an amazing fundraiser in Nella's behalf promoting awareness for children with Down syndrome.



Click here for her inspiring birth story.
Click here to donate.

9 comments:

LouLou said...

Amy, Frankie is beautiful.... You can just see his sweet spirit shining through even in pictures. I know God has amazing plans for your little man. What a blessing he is!

Carter Family said...

Amy,
I came across your site from Sugardoodle... looking for an idea for a fundraiser for Girls Camp. I'm the YW president for a ward in California. I am also a mom to 5 kids. My #4 has Down Syndrome, too. She is now 7 1/2. She will be 8 this year. She asks every Sunday, if she can get baptized. There are lots of challenges being the mom of these sweet and stubborn little spirits... but it's the subbornness that keeps them here on this earth for us to enjoy! Seeing Frankie's cute little cheeks, reminds me of when my little Meg was his age. Enjoy the time when he's little... and can't climb your pantry shelves! :) We are lucky parents to be blessed with angels in our homes!

kastelers said...

Amy, beautiful pictures of Frankie. I love his big blue eyes! What a cutie.

Park Family said...

Oh he is so cute you've taken some great pictures. My hair looks great by the way, thank you as always.

Emily S. said...

You are amazing Amy! I love your perspective and love for Frankie and all your kids. You are a wonderful, sweet, beautiful, talented woman who will be the perfect mom for Frankie!

The Childrens Nest said...

Oh my goodness... he is gorgeous!!! I want to squeeze his cheeks too!! What a doll.... great pictures!

Lora said...

I found your blog while searching for valentine's mailbox ideas for my daughter and I had to stop and comment on the pictures of your little boy...He is absolutely adorable and those may be some of the most gorgeous pictures I have ever seen. His eyes match so perfect to his outfit.

And also it was amazing to come across Nella's story again. I actually read her birth story last year when someone posted about it on a forum I was reading and I cried my eyes out then and I must saying watching that video just now made me cry all over again.

Also your Valentine's bags are super cute...I wish I was that talented. I love to craft but I am terrible at using a sewing machine lol

Jill said...

Cute pictures! And a sweet story about Nella!

Emily said...

Just reading a bit through your blog, loving the Frankie pictures! My daughter Macy is in Kelle's video at about 3:20 or so!

Related Posts with Thumbnails