Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Flower Party

For Sadie's friend party, she wanted a flower party.  
I can't find the invitation to post. Darn.  

My kids have a friend party every year.  I grew up with the every other year thing, which is nice for the mother.  But I've given in to Kevin's motto of "they're only kids once" and "they won't want friend theme parties forever".  I hope the latter is true.

I didn't follow a color theme.  Just flower everything.  Sadie was really involved with the whole thing.  The flower buckets were from the $1 spot at Target.  I actually got them for 50 cents (long story). 

Having a spring birthday with a flower theme is really easy.  Flower decor is everywhere!  I bought silk flowers at the dollars store and made them into pens with floral tape as part of their party favor.

Kindergarten friends!
Lilly, Elle, Lucy, Ruby
Jane, Sadie, Leah, Cousin Kate and MaryJane 

MaryJane was very much apart of the party.  She really believes that these girls are all her friends too.

For our craft we made mini pom pom flower bouquets from napkins.  I had them all ready to be separated but I think they were a little on the hard side for them to make.  Some did just fine and others needed help.  
Once their bouquets were made they loved holding onto them.  
We played a little toss-your-bouquets-into-a-pot game and the girls got to choose a felt hair clip that I made for making the shot.

These were really easy and fun to make!

Sadie determined that there HAD to be face painting at the party.  Flowers.

Her face with that special birthday glow again.

A "pink flower cake with yellow in the middle".
There's nothin' like a homemade cake.  I love the look (and taste) of it.
My first attempt at buttercream frosting.  Yum!
I'm so bummed that I didn't have time to put ribbon in the cake stand.
It's a pain to do but looks cute in the end.



Sadie dreamed of having a "smash cake".
All her friends got a kick out of the idea.

After presents, cake and ice cream, we had a dance freeze party.  Lily gave Sadie that adorable masquerade mask.  A great way to wrap up a fun party.  

4 comments:

Kristin said...

So cute - that cake looks delicious!!

Lotte Lu and Brother Too said...

Such a cute party! And you take AMAZING photos!

sue chappell said...

Sadie looks beautiful. I love her long hair. MOM

Anneliese said...

Super cute! I love the hair clippies! Did you make all of those??

Related Posts with Thumbnails