Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Highchair Redo

Finally, I got around to replacing our old Peg Perego Highchair Cover.
As you can tell after 3 kids, it was major yucko!

The replacement covers are $60, so my options were to either by a new highchair for that same amount or make one.  Since I love how this highchair reclines and has a 5 point harness I decided to make a new one.  I found a tutorial online here that inspired me to cut up the old one a create myself a pattern.


I found this darling laminated alphabet fabric at Piper's Quilts for $20 a yard. 
I love the idea of the laminated fabric because the covers I found on Etsy were made out of cotton fabric. I wanted something more wipeable.
I had some of the materials on hand so the total I spent on this was $30.   




I loved the way it turned out!

Not having a true pattern to follow was a little tricky but it was also fun to figure out.
It took me three tries to get the binding right.  But once I figured it out the rest went pretty smoothly.
Some parts would look a lot better if I had an industiral sewing machine.

But all in all it's suits the purpose well and it's cute.  

Frankie enjoys it too.

I know he's wearing a girl bib.  But when its your fourth, anything will do.  At least he's wearing a bib.






10 comments:

Deborah said...

What a great job. You are one talented lady. Enjoy your blog.

Jessi said...

This looks great, Amy! You seriously are one of the most talented and beautiful people I know. Love your blog and hope everything is going well! We miss you guys.

Kristin said...

Nice work - the dog ripped a big slice in ours... I'm thinking duct tape will make it last :) Your way is much better!

Jill said...

Amy, this turned out so cute! Amazing!

s g said...

umm...so cute...you are super talented Amy!!

Nate Insun Olivia & Sophie said...

I love the fabric. so cute with yellow trim..You are so good.

Iv said...

Wow! There could definitely be a market for those. Excellent work! I blog hopped from Suzi's and realized I used to see you around town all the time (my son Will was in kindergarten with Cole I believe?) We moved to Australia so I won't be running into you much (wink), but thought I'd say hello and praise you up and down for such a beautiful, happy and extremely impressive blog. You are incredibly talented! And seem so down to earth - I'd like to have known you better. Anyway, great job, I'm a fan!
Ivey Mitchell
darrenandivey.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Amy PLEASE stop!! You amaze me! I wish I had your talent!! It looks great...Can't wait to see you at fish lake!!

Anneliese said...

Nice work! We were talking about this last time I saw you... I so need to do this. You've inspired me!

jweed said...

nice job, amy! c-dogg would be proud!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails