Our weekend was nice and relaxing! I usually do hair on Saturday mornings but last Saturday I took it off. Between hair, soccer, chores and normal busy errands, it seems that lately our Saturdays just fly by with not much play. I was so excited to have a free day with the family!

I packed us a lunch and we went to a really fun and quiet park, Donor Park (just above the zoo) which had a beautiful view of Salt Lake City! The weather had a slight cool breeze which added
to the perfect park day!
I told Kevin to grab a hat for MaryJane and didn't notice what she was wearing
until I got in the car.

A hat sized 3 to 6 MONTHS!! I laughed so hard! She proudly wore it the whole time with her headband in tact!



On our nature walk in the park, I saw these pretty wild flowers and decided to capture a pic of my kids sitting in them for old time sakes. When I was little living in Texas, my mom would "STOP THE CAR" anytime she saw a field of Blue Bonnet flowers and make us sit in the middle of them for a pic. "Oh Mom!' we would always say. So when I saw these, I couldn't resist, I had to carry on the tradition! :) Sadie happily obliged and sang Ariel's ah ah ah to every flower near her side.

MaryJane met the hose for the first time and LOVED it!
On Sunday the kids woke me up with a big HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY and made me play a hot n' cold game to find my gift. "Shampoo for your feet" as Sadie called it and a cute pin which read "No one hugs like Mom!" Thanks Nana elf for helping the kids! They were SO excited for me to see it!And after my Mother's Day afternoon slumber, I awoke to the kids doing this...

Swimming! Sadie has just begged me everyday to fill up our wading pool. It just hasn't been warm enough yet. But don't you worry, their fun daddy made them little hot tubs and they had a blast!





4 comments:
Love this post! NIce to know what you all did over the week-end! What a darling family!!! LOVE MaryJane's hat!!
Dont you just LOVE weekends like that? Its so nice to just sit in a park and enjoy the day....I wish it could be Spring or Fall forever! Perfect weather for parks. Glad you had a Happy Mothers Day :)
I'm loving the HOT TUBS Kevin made. SO great and clever!!
Cute kids!! My kids loved the "hot tubs" Way more than the little pools we would buy.
Post a Comment