Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sadie is 5!

For Sadie's birthday she told me that she had "everything under control".  She wanted a Unicorn party and came up with the game ideas herself.  How was I supposed to work with that?  Not really a Unicorn section at the party store.  This year I really didn't have the energy to do much but the idea of a Rainbow/Unicorn party came to me and it turned out to be really easy.  

Thanks to my best friend, the Cricut, I cut a bunch of circles of paper in rainbow colors, sewed them together and hung them around the room and windows for decor.  Honestly, the easiest thing.  
I got the cute idea from Secret Agent Josephine's blog.
Loved the way it just made the party!

Sadie designed the cake and helped me decorate.  It is so nice that traditional birthday colors are very rainbow like!  Very easy to find party supplies.

Ever since last year's birthday, Sadie has always DREAMED to introduce her two Elle friends to each other (one of them was sick and couldn't make it last year). She has rehearsed it for the longest time.
So finally, she had her moment,
"Elle meet Elli" 
{beaming from ear to ear}
And good ole Cole filling in.  Sadie had 3 friends unable to attend.  Despite his expression, he LOVED being around all those girl friends of Sadie's!

The kids played Pin the Unicorn on the Rainbow, Unicorn hunt, Dance Freeze and Twister!

Sadie was so fun to watch!  She radiated with joy and excitement! She felt special!

Boy does Sadie love her Daddy(who just returned from a run),
She loves the scooter he got her! 

We love you Sadie!  You add so much life to our family!  




6 comments:

Letti said...

I would have made my daughter choose a differnt theme...lol But you did an amazing job. I love all of the polka dots and colors.

s g said...

love the rainbow party amy, you have such great ideas...and to do it all prego, wow!! way impressed :) happy birthday to sweet sadie!!

Anneliese said...

Cute Cute Cute! as usual! I love rainbows. Was just thinking about the rainbow shirts that were so popular when I was in school. I have to talk to you about the Cricut! Should I get one?

Alecia Williams said...

Amy, You are one talented mama!! I am impressed. These pictures are adorable. What a fun party.

Jill said...

Amy, looks like such a fun party!! Didn't you plan pin the horn on the unicorn?? Where are those pictures? At least, that's what Sadie told me on the phone. It sounded like fun/funny!

clarke fam said...

Oh Amy you are such a fun and amazing Mom! Your kids are so lucky

Related Posts with Thumbnails