Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Back to School 2010!

Sadly, these are my only photos of Cole's first day of school.  Probably because it was a very ruff morning.  Tears and all.  The whole sock and shoe thing throws him in FITS.  Every year.  A daily battle.   We've tried EVERYTHING!  Our current remedy, I squeeze my feet into his socks for a few minutes to stretch them out.  If I can distract his thoughts by talking to him, making him think about something else while I get his socks and shoes on, we're golden. 
Talk about jumping through hoops!
 I love my second grader!  He is so happy to have some of his good friends in his class.

He's already at it again. Chasing girls.  A new crush.  His favorite recess past time. (besides soccer)



Sadie began kindergarten a week later than Cole.  


I love Kindergarten!
I can't believe I captured this!  I just snapped a quick one to do a lighting check just as Sadie peering into school.
It turned out perfectly!
She could.not.wait!

As soon as her teacher rang the bell.  Boom.  She was up there second in line. 
Ms. Okabe gave 3 simple instructions of things the kids were to do upon entering the classroom.  
1. Hang up your backpack
2. Find your cubby.
3. Cut out a leaf and color what you did this summer on it.

She then began to quiz them asking what the 3 things were. 
Sadie was so eager, she shouted them all out before others could answers.  


Sadie followed all the instructions...
cut and colored her leaf and was done before others even began. 
Ha. A little over achiever.

She jumped right in and learned the welcome song really quick.  

Me and my little Kindergartner.  

3 comments:

Jill said...

This might be my favorite post ever! I love how happy Sadie is in these pictures!! Nice work!

sue chappell said...

Love all the new blog posts!!!! Brings back so many memories of you kids going off to school - where does the time go? Love every second of these years - they pass by way too quickly!!!

Stef and ryan said...

ha ha ha, so nice to know i'm not the only one with sock problems.
I may have solved the problem with my fist grader this year. I let him pick out his own & it worked. he picked out a 3 pack of tony hawk socks and do I dare say it? they were $8 and that was on sale! yikes, but it worked.

Related Posts with Thumbnails