The first weekend of October we went to Park City and stayed in my MIL's timeshare. It was so nice to get away as a little family and watch General Conference. The condo had just been remodeled and had two big flat screen T.V's.
It was so nice to be taken away from our normal weekend duties. We were able to focus on each other and spend great quality time together.
While grocery shopping there I found Pick- UP Sticks. It brought back so many memories from my childhood. I love finding things like this to introduce to my kids.
They loved it and so did I! It was the weekend favorite game.
Growing up, my mom used to make these yummy Carmel Pull Aparts for General Conference weekend. This was the first time I've made them for my family. They LOVED it!
| (I halved the recipe and only put nuts on half) |
Caramel Pull-Aparts
48 frozen Rhodes rolls
2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup butter, divided
1 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
1 package butterscotch pudding
Cinnamon
Grease two bundt pans. Sprinkle 1 cup chopped pecans in bottom of each pan. Add 24 frozen Rhodes rolls to each pan, laying the rolls in a circle. Divide 1 package of butterscotch pudding between pans and sprinkle over rolls. Melt 1/2 cup butter and mix in 3/4 cups brown sugar. Pour butter mixture over pudding; repeat step with second pan. Sprinkle each pan with cinnamon.
Cover pans with a damp paper towel and allow to rise overnight. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Invert pans onto plate and serve.
I printed off these cute packets for the kids to color during conference. I found them at Sugardoodle.net. (Love that website!)
It kept them entertained and quiet for a good hour, possibly more! My kids love to color and create!
After conference we went for a little nature walk.
Sadie kills me with this headband. She is way into them. This one is from her Halloween costume that she wants to wear daily!
| Gotta copy my big sister at everything! |
Sadie is into a piece of hair hanging out. She must think it is a bang. Ha Ha Ha. You have got to see her school pic. I'll have to scan it in.
I had a great idea to put MaryJane in the Bjorn since frankie was in the stroller. She did not want to get in it. But once we got her in, she didn't want to get out.
Kevin learned quickly that the Bjorn is not so comfortable on the back. So we reversed it and Sadie wanted on too. This whole combo didn't last long though. I was afraid MaryJane would fall out.
She was not happy to end her ride.
| Nap time feeding time. |
This was just after my frazzled 2 hour shopping experience at the outlets. Kevin was nice to take all the kids while I got a little 'me' time on our family weekend. I needed a few clothing items and a black skirt. I'll spare you the long story but it ended with me having a decision making melt down at the sales counter. The sales girl listened to me rattle about having to make decisions in such little time with my family in the car (ready to go swimming) while trying to decide if I really wanted this cute black skirt. Pressure, pressure, pressure! She talked me into it. I know she thought I was nuts!
I grabbed my purchases and ran.
One problem, I had just bought a black skirt at the previous store and was now on my way to the pool.
Thankfully, after taking them both home to decide, my friend who lives in Park City returned one for me. Thanks JuJu!
See what I mean? I'm frazzled.
Need less to say, it was a great weekend! We all had such a good time together!









2 comments:
We were there in PC over conference too and LOVED it. I am totally remembering when I went there with you and your cousin and stayed in the Marriott. I have a good memory huh? Hilarious. So good to see you and your fam on blogger. You guys are all so CUTE.
MJ in the bjorn! That's hysterical!! Looks like you had a great time! And Sadie's bang reminds me of my dear friend JJ who likes to do that, too! It becomes a habit so watch out! :)
Post a Comment