Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Lots to Celebrate!

Last week we had a marathon Saturday.  
But it was a fun one, with lots to celebrate.
Thankfully all the excitement happened while Aunt Jill was in town!

Our morning Started off bright and early with a Tangled themed dance performance by MaryJane.
We had to leave the recital a little early to catch... 

this handsome boy's Baptism.
I can't believe he is 8!

It was a very sweet Baptism.  I hope Cole can remember this day.


Cousins.

I love MaryJane wearing her costume.  A great reminder of the fun filled day. She stood front and center in her costume on the stand in the chapel while all the kids sang I am a Child of God.  So funny.


After the Baptism we ran home to have lunch.  Yummy Sliders with homemade rolls (just ask my Dad), Jill's awesome potato salad, and the cute "8" cookies that the bakery made.

Cole ate just in time to make it to his soccer game against his best friend Peter's team. 
No way, was he going to miss that game!  Cole even scored 3 goals!

After the game, since the family was already here,  
we went back home to have a mini Birthday celebration for Frankie.
I made this crown for him and a "1" on his onesie.
I also made the cake too.  But I cheated a little.  The grocery store bakery made the frosting.
I ordered white, blue and yellow butter cream frosting and threw it on the cake. 
It was really yummy! 


Frankie wasn't too sure of the cake. 
Seeing how he is still on baby food and not table food, cake was a big adventure.

He hated the cake all over his hands.   He just didn't know what to do.

It was tough to crack a smile out of him. 

Remember Henry?
Well he and his cousin stopped by to wish Frankie a Happy Birthday just before bed time.
Once we set Frankie on the couch next to him, he was all over Henry!
I have never seen Frankie act so excited towards someone. 
He just dove right for Henry, grabbing his face and tried to kiss him.
I was cracking up!  Poor Henry was a good sport and tolerated Frankie mauling him for a while as I tried to snap pics.  Then suddenly he burst into tears.  He had had enough.
What a sweetie.  Sorry Henry, Frankie just loves you!!


After the fun day, Grandpa asked Sadie, "So, did you enjoy the party today?"
Then Sadie said," Yeah, except for the part when Mom tortured Frankie and tied him to a chair.  He was just stuck there and he didn't like it and he couldn't get out!"

Now that is HILARIOUS!  
For the smash cake I sat Frankie on a kid chair and tied my bath robe sash around his tummy and through the back slats to stabilize him from not falling over.  Just like I did here for MaryJane.  It's not even that tight.  Frankie just didn't like cake on his hands.

Oh Sadie,  I love the spark you add to our family!

And that my friends is a lengthy report of our fun marathon day. 

Thanks to our family for supporting us the WHOLE day!






4 comments:

Kristin said...

Congratulations Cole!
Super cute cake. I'm a sucker for polka dots. Love the mauling ;)

Park Family said...

The cake pictures are priceless. Thanks for the tour can't wait to see it all done. Love the hair to, as always thanks.

chantel said...

thanks for the invite..sucka

Jill said...

Cute post, Amy!! I had such a great time!! That story of Sadie is seriously the BEST!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails