Lately I have been obsessed with this darling family's story!
Kecia is the first mom I met at the Down syndrome Playgroup I'm in.
They have a cute little girl with Down syndrome named Bree who is 4. They are in Russia right now adopting a little girl who is the same age and has Down syndrome also.
It was sad for me to learn that kids with Down syndrome are not accepted in Russia. Parents give their children with Down syndrome to orphanages because their society won't accepted them, allow them to have jobs and their family will shun them. It's heartbreaking for some of these parents that have to give their children up but they couldn't provide for them if they keep their child with special needs.
After a child with special needs reaches the age of 4-6 and are not adopted, they have to leave what they call home (the orphanage), leave their caretakers and orphan friends and they are sent to Mental Institutions. A world of nothingness, left in cribs to be malnourished and die. Their society does not see that these sweet little children are deserving of a life and to be loved.
Reese's Rainbow is an amazing foundation that helps these sweet little ones with Down syndrome find families.
The Cox family found Mia through Reese's Rainbow. Their journey to her has been SO inspiring! I wish I blogged about it sooner! They have been there for a month and every day she has posted all their meetings with Mia. Every day I have popped out of bead early in the morning to read the latest. I find myself grinning from ear to ear with tears rolling off my checks!
It has been so beautiful to watch Mia blossom before my eyes as she experiences the affect of LOVE.
This picture (above) is the first day they met her.
Today is the day that the Cox's family gets to take her out of the orphanage. It is called Gotcha Day.
Today, this little girls LIFE will begin. If you know that song from the movie Tangled, it is perfect for Mia's story.
Mia is 4 and to think that if the Cox family hadn't followed their hearts to her she would be leaving the orphanage on a different journey, to the mental institution. I can't even bare the thought.
THANK YOU COX FAMILY FOR SAVING THIS ADORABLE LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!
I am so thrilled for them today and I wanted to share their journey with you!
Welcome to a family Mia!!!!!!
The Fillmores are another great family that just went through a similar experience to adopt Anya. They are now helping a family who are trying to bring home Anya's friend Ian. Click here to help save another sweet angel.










1 comment:
Hi Amy-
Fun to see you know Kecia through the down syndrome group! She and I went to High School together. I agree it has been a great and inspiring story to follow and I am so thrilled for their family and what they have done to adopt Mia.
Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment