Every spring in Virginia there is a fair that my sister goes to called
Lucketts Spring Fair.
My sister Jill posted these next 3 pictures on here blog (which is private) of her fun adventure.
They sell all kinds of cute and adorable stuff like this:
for really good prices.
At the fair, my sister spotted this adorable Vintage Serro Scotty Camper on display and instantly new that I'd fall in love with it.
Boy was she right!
Once I laid eyes on this little cutie, I was hooked and told my self that I would not rest until I own a little camper of my own.
After all, I do enjoy our annual trips to Fish Lake every summer. Why not invest in one of these and add on a few more fun trips? Bear Lake, Uintahs and Moab . With Living in Utah, it won't be hard to find great places to take something like this.
This is the interior of the one my sister posted on her blog. ADORABLE!
After doing a little research on google, I had NO idea that there was a world out there of people who restore cute little vintage camper trailers! Why hadn't I known this earlier? There are many groups and rallies where people who own these get together with their trailers and all open their doors for people to have a peek inside. Wouldn't that be fun?
During my search, I fell in love with another darling. Constance.
I love it all!
Especially the red and white checkered floor!!
And I love, love, LOVE all the Cath Kidston decor inside! If you don't know who she is, well then click here. your welcome. Sadly her stuff is sold in London. But thankfully she has a US site. Which I can't really afford anyway. A girl can dream right?
Look at these. I love the stripy little awnings!
Anyone that knows me well, knows that when I get a Bee in My Bonnet, I can not let it rest. Here I am sitting on the computer drooling at all these darling little trailers and I can't resist searching for local finds on KSL and Craigslist. In my search I realize that these things sell around $500 for really old rotted and gutted out ones to $5,000 - $10,000 or more for restored ones. That doesn't really work for me.
Meanwhile, it's Memorial Day weekend and my Dad has decided to take a Day trip 2 hours south to visit his family members graves in Loa and Lyman, Utah.
Once I discovered he was traveling south, where there are a bunch a little old towns along the way, I knew that would be the PERFECT place to look for a trailer within my budget and updating needs. I'm pretty sure some people down there don't post things on KSL or Craigslist too often. Or even know it exists.
I couldn't speed dial him fast enough. "DAD, be on the look out for any small old trailers for sale!"
Meanwhile, it's Memorial Day weekend and my Dad has decided to take a Day trip 2 hours south to visit his family members graves in Loa and Lyman, Utah.
Once I discovered he was traveling south, where there are a bunch a little old towns along the way, I knew that would be the PERFECT place to look for a trailer within my budget and updating needs. I'm pretty sure some people down there don't post things on KSL or Craigslist too often. Or even know it exists.
I couldn't speed dial him fast enough. "DAD, be on the look out for any small old trailers for sale!"
Just 3 minutes after we ended our call, he sees this little trailer on the side of the road that read, FOR SALE. $550 OBO. Which totally caught him by surprise at the timing.
Quickly he pulled over and took down the information and thanks to smart phones, sent me a picture.
The owner emailed me some pictures of the inside.
I was so impressed with myself! I thought about it for one whole week! How's that for the Bee-in-the-Bonnet type? Patient, I know.
Not too bad. But I must see it in person if I'm going to buy it.
We dropped the kids off at my Mom's house and my Dad, Kevin and I took the drive to see it.
I wasn't so sure how Kevin would take onto all this little trailer stuff. But he was neither here nor there about it. He's very nice and tolerant of my dreams.
Well little did I know....... he's into it! What do you think?
It was a very windy day.
I'm looking real good next to MY 11 foot 1970 Vintage Travois Trailer!
I did it! We rolled out of a little town called Sigard with this baby for a whopping $480.00
A GREAT deal if you ask me! We checked the interior for severe water damage and the condition of things and felt that it was worth the buy.
We didn't tell the kids where we were going. Just that we'd be back in a while. Their faces just lit up as we pulled in! I love Cole's face!
This little old thing is like a resort on wheels to them. Ha!
Here they are, dying to unload the trailer and get in!
We all couldn't wait to clean that old thing!
Kevin and my Dad are all on board! :)
Sadie couldn't wait to help scrub it clean too!
Frankie enjoyed the free entertainment.
As the sun went down my Dad pulled out his camp chairs and we sat and stared at the trailer, dreaming of the changes we'd like to make.
It was all quiet and we wondered where little MaryJane went.
Oh, we found her.
Happy as can be with her pillow pet and that darn binky and lovey.
The seats fold down into a large king sized bed. MaryJane couldn't resist. Don't worry, those cushions are already on their way to have a new fabric on them. I can't wait to share the details of the changes that have been made so far. We have been busy! Trying to get this thing ready for use within two short weeks!
Yikes!
Do you have a Vintage Camper? Am I totally crazy?












19 comments:
I LOVE it! So cute. Can't wait to see the final product.
Amy, I love this post!! Brought a little tear to my eye I'm so excited! That pic of MJ lying inside is a hoot! And Cole's face when you pulled up is priceless! I also like that you're sporting a cardy!
HA HA HA......now I get it all ....I couldn't get a "focused" answer out of you when you drove in with that. I was just trying to corral the kids and you were running all the over the place - in and out of that trailer! It's nice to have the story in sequence... well, it's going to be adorable, I know it! MOM
So fun Amy!!! I know you'll fix that up darling!! Glad you found it....maybe you guys could come up to Seattle and visit with that trailer!! :)
Amy, I think that is awesome!!! I love how you have a dream and you make it happen. Also Siguard is right by Richfield where we are from:) I can't wait to see what you do with it. You are so talented I know it will be amazing. I bet you are having a great time, good luck!
I can't wait to see all the changes. Super fun idea and totally practical. Post pictures soon!
What FUN project!
It's like my grandparents' that we used to bring to Fish Lake. We need to get that out and update it!
Amy-
This is AWESOME!!!
I LOVE how this is a dream of yours and together, you all made it come try.
I can not wait to see some updated pics soon!
You are hilarious Amy! Your posts always make me laugh and I am so excited for you and jealous about your new camper! I can only imagine the memories you will all make in that thing!
OK so I have been obsessing about this trailer thing. I read your post on my phone (a pain to comment on blogs so I had to come back) the night before Youth Conference. We went up to Logan Utah and I was looking all over for old trailers for sale! I love the idea of fixing it up and making it yours. I really really want one now. Think how fun camping is going to be! Let me know if you happen to hear about any other good deals on trailers! Can’t wait to see the after pictures!
I'm so jealous! I love them too! I bet your kids will be in heaven!
I can't wait to see what cute things you do to it!
You are so amazing! I can't believe you went for your dreams! I love those vintage trailers and you can make yours even cuter with your great taste! Please send before and after pics! Can't wait to see what you make of that little hotel on wheels! What a great idea-- seriously great idea.
What a great find. Looking forward to the journey of you of making it yours. Hope you post the updates.
Amy, I'm dying--I want to see updated pictures of your camper! I may just have to drive over and take a look! I know your little vintage camper is going to be far cuter than those others (and those other campers are REALLY cute)! And--Cath Kidson! I'd never seen her stuff--I'll be dreaming of her oilcloth for weeks now!! Thank you!!!
Where do you find the time?? I am so excited for your new project. It is going to look amazing when it is all done!!! I have one question for you, who is putting fabric on your cushions?? I have some old porch furniture that needs new fabric?? Who do you recommend?? Thanks so much, Amanda(Davis)Godfrey amandakgodfrey@gmail.com
Oh my word, I love it! And now I'm obsessed with one too. What fun! I think restoring it would be as much fun as using it. And I love your little Frankie too - my husband and I are in the process of adopting a little girl with Down's syndrome, and I could just eat Frankie's cute little face!
I am currently restoring a '67 Aristocrat Lo-Liner. I recently decided that I really wanted a trailer to use at my house as an artist studio. Each day, I would scour craigslist. When i finally got permission from my landlord to park it in my driveway, I was so excited! It seemed right after that I found the one that I am restoring. It has been quite a learning process (more than just painting some walls), but I have really enjoyed it. I am excited to see what you do with yours.
Love this remodel... I am a full time rv'er and have updated our 96 Avion several times...great fun to remodel a camper far less expensive than remodeling a big house....Happy rving
Post a Comment