Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

An Owie for MaryJane

Last Friday while I was at the gym, MaryJane had a little injury.  Sadie was trying to pull her by her arm up onto my bed to snuggle her and daddy.  Unfortunately, Sadie had dislocated MaryJane's elbow.  She was in a lot of pain.  This sort of thing can happen easily in children.  So please be careful with their little arms.  I got home shortly and was able to get her in to see a doctor by 9:30.  She put it back into socket but MaryJane still had no desire to use it.  So she sent her home with a little brace.

MaryJane LOVED laying on the couch being doted on by Mommy#1 and Mommy#2.
Eating on the couch and watching Elmo. Heaven!


Sadly after a weekend of still not using her arm or hand, we had to see an Orthopedic doc and she put her in a temporary cast to help possible inflammation.

I love how anytime we ask her what happened, she replies "Sadie pull" in a whiney little voice.
 Posted by Picasa
Nothing seems to stop my little princess, that cast seems to be doing its job!  She's been moving all over the place and has had major improvement with using her hand! :)
If all continues to go well, we can hopefully avoid an MRI.
We will find out all those details tomorrow. 
Throughout all this, she has become such a mommas girl in a loving little way.  I could just gobble her up! 

6 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

I LOVE the new look of your blog! And the pictures on top are darling... I hope MaryJanes arm heals quickly. That happened to Ian when he was about 18 months old...pulling up on his arm to help him over the curb... :(

bedelia said...

I have a sister and some nephews that it has happened too. So I'm terrified every time my husband grabs at my kids by their arms. Hope she feels better soon.

And I've made the chair backers and love them. My husband is gone in the mornings before my boys get up and he has always left them "mail." Now he has the perfect place to put it. My boys love it. Thanks for the tutorial and also that popcorn recipe...heavenly. thanks

Two Little Tots said...

bummer...mara broke her arm this past fall and was in so much pain until we got her a brace...she was using her hand the whole time the brace was on...and it was better in about 3 weeks.

hope she id doing better.

Two Little Tots said...

one more thing...love your new blog banner...i might have to take some fun pictures like that of the girls with signs...what a cute idea!

jweed said...

she is adorable! what a bummer to get an owie like that. and congrats on the new baby in the belly. you are brave to take on 4 kids! :) but i know you'll be amazing as always!

The kids said...

Amy, I feel for you. Last year our little miss dislocated her elbow twice ( once her sister pulled on it, and once her sister fell on it!)The third time she fell out of bed, landed on it and broke it!

They will dislocate a lot easier too after they have done it once

Related Posts with Thumbnails