Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How Embarasing!!


So I ran into Emigration market today to quickly grab some turkey from the deli. As I was in line, I noticed that I recognized the lady in front of me.  Elder Maxwell's daughter.  (I used to do her sisters hair.)  Anyway, I started talking to her and she was updating me on her sisters lives.  In the mean time the cashier rung her up.  Her last two items were close to mine on the conveyor belt.  A watermelon and a Hersey's chocolate bar.  The cashier asked if they were mine and I said no and continued chatting with Jane.    Well after Jane had paid, it dawned on me that the chocolate bar might have not been hers after all.  My kids love getting those!  So I asked her if she had purchased one and she said "no."  I had then realized that Sadie must have put that there for me to buy her.  I felt so embarrassed and Jane was so nice about it and gave me the candy bar and wouldn't let me pay her for it.  Little did she know that when I distracted her today that I would try to sneak off some of my bill on her.  Sorry and Thanks Jane!  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails