
Well, the day after we came home from our trip, it was Cole's 5th Birthday! And it snowed! A rude welcoming from our nice warm trip! In our family, we have a tradition of decorating the kids bedroom after they fall asleep the night before. So when they wake up in the morning their special day begins with excitement! They love it and Cole always is amazed how we can decorate without waking him. We kept telling Cole that we would go to Disneyland for his birthday. But he still wanted a "treasure chest pinata and pirate map cake." He had his heart set on it! So I told him we could do that when we got home. We just invited family and his best friend Peter. Even though it was so crazy just getting back from a trip I enjoyed making the cake and Cole (and neighborhood kids) checking in on every addition to the cake. It was such a simple evening with pizza, cake, ice cream, presents, and pinata that I could do that every year! The pinata took care of all the entertainment! It was such a blast!

I had to do a picture of just the cake! The palm trees were pretty droopy but I was running out of time. But still, I thought it turned out pretty cute! The only thing it lacked was a Mermaid on the mermaid rocks! Cole REALLY wanted a mermaid. (?) I can only do so much out of frosting! Maybe next time Cole!
1 comment:
Great cake...I love it!
Post a Comment