For Memorial weekend, we had a relaxing one just hanging around town. We went up to the Salt Lake City cemetery to Kevin's dad's grave and Kevin's grandparents and extended family. He has a lot of family who have been buried up there. It is a cool cemetery that has a lot of prophets and apostles who have been laid to rest there. While we were there, we went by President Hinkley's headstone who is near David O McKay. I had to take a picture because it was so beautiful to see all the flowers surrounding his grave. It just made me remember how much he was loved by so many. And seeing the grass not fully healed from his recent burial reminded me of how recent it had been since his passing. I feel so blessed to life here and have the opportunities that I have being a member of he church here. I know I take it for granted sometimes, but seeing things like this makes me realize how lucky I am.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Memorial Day
For Memorial weekend, we had a relaxing one just hanging around town. We went up to the Salt Lake City cemetery to Kevin's dad's grave and Kevin's grandparents and extended family. He has a lot of family who have been buried up there. It is a cool cemetery that has a lot of prophets and apostles who have been laid to rest there. While we were there, we went by President Hinkley's headstone who is near David O McKay. I had to take a picture because it was so beautiful to see all the flowers surrounding his grave. It just made me remember how much he was loved by so many. And seeing the grass not fully healed from his recent burial reminded me of how recent it had been since his passing. I feel so blessed to life here and have the opportunities that I have being a member of he church here. I know I take it for granted sometimes, but seeing things like this makes me realize how lucky I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment