Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Latest...


5 years ago Kevin applied for and got a tentative job offer from the DEA as a Diversion Investigator.  A job field he's dreamed of being apart of for years.  4 years ago, his application was "shelved" due to a hiring freeze.  Well, last September, we were totally caught off guard when they ask Kevin if he'd still be interested in the job.  We decided to go forward to see where thing lead us.  And after 9 months of  background screening,  they officially offered him the position!  Best of all, BASED IN SALT LAKE CITY!!!  

But now, it's crunch time!  He begins at the Academy in 18 days in Washington D.C!!!  And I have to pack up half my house because to fulfill this dream, we are renting out our basement again.  I am so excited for this adventure and I have felt VERY BLESSED for how things have just fell into our lap at just the right time!  

The timeline of things have been so quick!  We got the call Monday, had to respond by Wednesday and we left for our trip to Fish Lake Thursday Morning.  And upon our return, found our renters (good friends of ours) and have to make the switch by Saturday. 3 days.  Which I'm okay with.  I'm in a get-er-done kind of mood.

And there you have it.  Lots of change for us!  I'll be busy, busy, busy, packing and reorganizing so I don't know how much blogging I'll get to.  But I'll try my best!  And as for the Craft With Me Thing, I still really want to do it!  But it might have to wait until things slow down for us.  Maybe end of July or something.  I've got to get my craft fix through all this, right? 


16 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

Oh my gosh! That is such GREAT news!!! How did he go from being an accountant to a DEA investigator? I would totally dig a job like that. I joined the Air Force 14 years ago with the intentions of becoming an FBI investigator....totally cool Kevin. Good Luck!! If you need any help Amy let me know....

Amy @ OurScoop said...

Kevin has always wanted to get into the FBI. They love accountants which is why he got his degree in accounting. I'm telling you, he's been wanting this forever! We are so happy!

Park Family said...

Congratulations!!

Lara said...

Wow! That is pretty exciting! I am happy for you. And I would love to join your craft night, wish I lived a little closer.

Bre said...

Dude!

Bre said...

Dude!










They trust you? I told them to do a thuro back ground check!
JK Gary-out

Cathy said...

Congrats! I bet Jill is excited to have you near her. How long is the academy?

Amy @ OurScoop said...

He will at the academy for 12 weeks! He'll have the weekends of. The kids and I will be there for 3 weeks and he'll be able to come home more maybe a weekend here and there.

Anneliese said...

That is fabulous news, Amy! I know how long you've been waiting and how much back-and-forth there has been. Best of all I'm thrilled it's a Salt Lake position! Hooray!

chantel said...

get excited for us to come see you guys, I know we are.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! That is a lot of stuff.. but good stuff :) That is exciting! Lets get the girls together to play soon! Polly

s g said...

congrats, what a big change!! I can't wait to hear about the adventures :)

Aunt Sissy (Alissa) said...

He's wanted this forever. What a cool (and cool-sounding) job. Can he get Brando in?

Nate Insun Olivia & Sophie said...

I Love your blog. It is so fun to look. You are so good with everything.

Amelia said...

Congratulations!! I am so glad he got that job!

Natalie Hall said...

Oh my heck Lovely Lady!!!!! I am so darn thrilled I found your blog...

Amy, I'm dying at your gorgeous family! Look at you and you perfect life, I love it! And a huge congrats to your hubby, that's fantastic. What an exciting move you have ahead. I'm going to be spying on you for now on, hopefully you don't mind. I knew I'd find you somewhere.... What a good day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails