My cousin gave me this idea months ago but I just haven't had the time to even think about it. How fun would that have been to have a class showing you all how to make the Valentine Chair Backers? Maybe next year!
I thought for my first project we could start on something simple! This little shirred dress I made for Sadie and MaryJane which was so fun and sooo easy! Shirring is elastic thread which creates this cute stretchy smocked look.

Major Disclaimer: I am no professional in ANY way. I'm not some knowledgeable pro. I just thought I could help you learn what I have learned in trial and error. And if you have something to teach us all or want to learn how to do, let me know and we could make a class out of it. We can all inspire each other!
So, what do you think? Would you be interested in my little "CNWA?" What are some ideas of projects you'd like to complete or explore?




15 comments:
I have been following your blog for a while. I'm not sure how I found you, but I know it was because of the Valentine Chair Backers! I think it sounds like a great idea, but you probably live far away from me. Hope it works out!
That dress is precious! You did a wonderful job!!! Did you use a pattern for it?
I need to know how to make that dress!!
And as for craft night I would SO be in...but I don't think we live anywhere near each other!!
But I also think it is easier to give people a list of supplies and let them bring their own.
I would totally try to make it happen! Keep us posted and if I can swing it I am so there!
Okay...I need to learn how to make that dress but my only problem is my sewing machine is ANCIENT. I barely even know how to use it. Im good at hemming and sewing cub scout patches and thats about it. I would feel a little intimidated but I think it sounds fun!
Amy, I get such nachas from YOU. I would love to join your class....except we are thousands of miles away. I'll keep checking your blog to see how it's all coming.
I am waiting to see some pics from your mom's party. I wish I had been there to share it with y'all. Your mom and I share the same bd
:-). Keep up the great things you do, especially with the children.
Sara Fiedler
YES! I am so happy you are finially doing the craft night and I AM IN! I would love to make the dress for my girls ( Elli would love to have the same as Sadie!) Great idea! Lets get started!! Polly
You are so talented. I want to buy the stuff you make. Alis
I dont even know how I came across your blog but I think you are very talented and I love to see all the stuff you make. Your very creative. I would love to learn how to make things and be in your group, if your opening it up to just anyone. E-mail me and let me know where you are from. I think we must be somewhat close to each other.
Thanks Melanie
liljenquistmelanie@gmail.com
How about you do a craft night with Amy on the BLOG! I'll look at night and you post it! I want to make that dress...How did you do that?
MAN! Why can't you love in Las Vegas, I would soooo love to do this with you!!
Amy-I've talked to my sisters and we would LOVE to learn from you!Sign us up. Let us know when you would like to start. Email me when you have things planned. We can't wait. You're amazing!
becky_b2001@yahoo.com
I just barely read this post, and I would be in. I know things might be crazy for you, but we could come here to my house, or while the weather is nice, set up big tables in my backyard to craft on. Let's just get together and do something.
I'm in for sure!! That would be so much fun!
Post a Comment