
I want a clean house all the time! Is it possible? For me? With kids? Probably not. But I'd like to at least give it a try for maybe most of the time. I was raised on check lists and chore charts and I am finally realizing that I might need a chore chart to help me get motivated (am I still a kid? I might even go get me some stickers to use as I pass things off). I've always had a tentative schedule in my head and cleaned as needed. But that doesn't seem like it's working too well for me anymore. I get behind especially now with three kids and it's driving me CRAZY! So hopefully I can stick with it. To create my chore chart, I wrote down all the things I'd like to get done on a regular basis. I put them into categories of daily, once a week or twice a week. Then I plugged them into to my week according to my schedule of life. This way, I can hopefully get all the things done I need with only a little bit of time each day. What do you think? Am I nuts? Can I be successful at this? If you'd like to see my chore chart click here.
Please feel free to give me any advice or tips you may have to help me stay motivated! Wish me luck!




6 comments:
I am with you on wanting a clean house all the time. I only have 1 to your 3, so that makes a big difference. Love your chart! Let us know how it goes!
Great idea for the chore chart. I feel like I get on top of things and then the next day a tornado hits the house and I am back to square one again. Let me know how the chart works and something like that may give me peace of mind and motivation! But seriously, I have to clean my kids bathroom like 3 times a week it gets so yucky. Drives me nuts!
Kevin is not the elder skidmore that served in charlotte nc mission is he?
I tried to look at the chore chart, but couldn't pull it up. Oh well. I think it is a good idea, so good luck with the chart. I really like your blog, it gives me some new ideas.
Thanks,
Martha Stewert
Amy, so fun to see ya today! I just loved holding your little Mary Jane. She is so sweet. You are amazingly organized!!! Blogging has got to be on your chart! It is so fun to stay connected. Being a mommy is way better than I ever thought it would be so the cleaning, chores etc are worth it. :)
Post a Comment