Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

oliver and s

I'm so excited!  I received my patterns in the mail last week from Oliver+S to make dresses for my girls. ("my girls"  I can't believe I'm saying that!)  They are the cutest patterns ever!  I bought two!  (I was feeling ambitious.)  I've never done something like this so it will be fun!  On Saturday I was able to dash out to one of my favorite fabric stores (Elaine's Quilt Block) and pick out the fabric.  Or "material" as my sister called it.   Don't remember the last time I've ever heard that word.  Anyway,  I can't wait to get started!  I love a good craft project and I can't seem to take my time in doing it.  I usually stop everything until it's done!  Not great when you have a house, husband and kids that depend on you.  Maybe this time I will pace myself.

Here is how the patterns arrived in the mail


So cute! That candy cane tie? So vintage!


And here is the fabric I've chosen for the Tea Party Sundress


It's all about the fabric selection!  I have a couple of fun ideas for the details on this. Hopefully I made some good decisions on choosing the fabric.  Luckily I was able to pick out the fabric without breaking out into hives! (my new discovery of post partum, anxiety! eek!)

4 comments:

Jill said...

Excuse me but I've heard the word "material" used plenty here on the East Coast!!

Kristin said...

Wow, you are ambitious. Post the finished product when you're done. I'd love to see them!

clarke fam said...

Soo Cute!! I can't wait to see how they turn out!!

Nate Insun Olivia & Sophie said...

The fabrics are so cute...
Show me the dresses that you are going to make for your girls when you are here. I am excited see you all!!!

ps- I can not belive that you find the time to do all that with THREE kid. I can not find any time to blog with Olivia, but you are not only do blog but also making dresses. WOW You are
SUPER mom!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails