Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

On to something new!


If you know me well, you know my favorite store is Jolleys Pharmacy!  I could write a whole post just on Jolleys!(this might just be it!)  It's the cutest little shop near my house.  Across from Emigration Market and Eggs in the City.  Two adorable stores there on the corner.  I feel like I live in a movie when I'm over there.  Like my own "You've Got Mail" scene!  I frequent the place at least once a week!  Sadly, they know me by name there.  It's great to get my subscriptions filled there for an added excuse to go there!  They have home decor, ribbon, vintage stuff, jewelry, flowers, kids clothes, shoes and toys, candy, video rental, and so much more!!!!  I think my favorite thing is the candied filled jars behind the counter that you can buy by the pound!  Not such a cheep way to buy candy but definitely worth the experience!  On to my point.  I went there to find a mother's day gift there on saturday and stumbled onto these cute pink, yellow and mint green rubber gloves.  My heart beat raced when I thought of my new ruffler!! Ruffle ruffle ruffle! Just add ruffles!!  So for a very late afterthought I ran home and rummaged through my fabrics scraps and made these!  I was so excited!  They turned out so cute!  I can't wait to make more!  I just might have to wait til Jolley restocks their supply.  I bought the last 4!  A $1.50 each!

9 comments:

sue chappell said...

Amy - I love my "designer" gloves!!! I think you need to let Jolley's know you are doing "Free" advertising for them so you can get a discount of at least 15 % on everything you buy there!!! Thanks for the fun Mother's Day!!! MOM

Jamie Gardner said...

I saw those in AZ last year and I loved them. They had glued on rings and bracelets it was adorable. I need to make me some!

clarke fam said...

I LOVE JOLLEY'S!!!!!!!

Nate Insun Olivia & Sophie said...

Wow So CUTE!!! I use rubber glove all the time. I wish I have some of those cute rubber glove.^^

Jill said...

Amy, I'm loving these gloves!! You are amazing and need to open your own craft store!! I'm sure Sadie would love to help!

suzi said...

SO cute! You are so fun. I love reading about all of the fun things you are always making and doing. So inspiring! Glad you had such a great Mother's Day!

Jo said...

These are fabulous! Would you mind sharing how you attached the material to the rubber glove?
Thanks you!

Amy @ OurScoop said...

To attach the fabric to the gloves I first pleated, ironed and pinned the fabric with 1 inch pleats. Then when I sewed them to the gloves, I made sure when sewing on my machine to have the fabric on the bottom and the rubber gloves on top. That way the fabric would feed through nicely with no bunching or tension trouble with the thread. Hope this helps! amy:)

Jo said...

Thank you SO much, I really appreciate the help!

Related Posts with Thumbnails