Last week Cole and I had a little discussion. He started out by saying how he was "a little jealous(shy) to tell me" that he's "falling in love." HELLO! This is my soon to be six year old we are talking about! Isn't he a little bit young for all this?
Where did he come up with this"falling in love" stuff? It's totally obvious he has a little sister who is constantly dreaming of Princes and falling in love!
Her name is Sasha. She's not even in his same class! She's in Kindergarten though. Feew! He just sees her at recess sometimes and plays chase with her and her friends. I've heard about these girls that Cole and Peter try to run away from this whole year.
But oh have things escalated!
Cole LOVES to talk about Sasha and today he decided to make her a heart out of Peerler Beads. He kept it in his pocket so he could give it to her when he saw her. And when he gave it to her she gasped! How appropriate that he's wearing his "Dad's lil' Dare Devil" shirt.
He asked me if he could have Sasha over for a play date. Can boys have girls over for play dates?(he asked me to look that question up on the computer LOL) I know I did as a child. My best friend was a boy. Oh what to do!!
Even though I'm totally not ready for all this, I'm trying to play things all cool, calm and collected. There is a small part of me that thinks this whole thing is cute. But still, I'd like to wait for all this to happen in another 10+ years!




5 comments:
Good to see my grandson taking after his grandpa!!
Good to see my grandson taking after his grandpa!!
Oh my gosh! That was the cutest post! I cannot believe that your oldest is now old enough to fall in love! :)
I hope they have a wonderful recess relationship...and bravo to you for being so supportive!
PS Amy I miss you more than ever...my hairstylist just turned my hair pink. It was a tragedy of epic proportions. Will you do my hair when I come to visit this summer??
This cracks me up so much!!!
LOL! He is close in age to Evan... must be the age! Too funny. Im sure it will pass...only to come back again. Good luck, just know there are other moms who feel the same as you!
Post a Comment