Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

It's called Grocery Smarts People!!


All my cousins have gotten me into this coupon/watching for the stores sales thing.  I've always been a little skeptical but the past few weeks have won me over!  Two weeks ago, I saved a big $60!  I've always thought you can't buy the "things you really eat" on sale.  But you can!  I do!  I wait for the things we like to go one sale and stock up!  My pantry is starting to look so full, I LOVE it!!

Albertsons was having a GREAT sale last week!  I got a sitter, my in-store paper ad, and shopping list and started my quest!  I know I'll get better and faster at this but the first few times takes a little time.  One hour and 10 minutes later, a chuck full shopping cart, MEGA anxiety(thinking I went way over board on $), and hot flashes,  I pulled into the checkout counter and loaded all my groceries.  
Nervously awaiting the total, I was totally surprised!

The Bill came to $103.00 ish

And I saved $113.00

Thats ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN DOLLARS!!!

I couldn't believe it!  I was on such a natural high!  The game has now heightened!  I'm starting to get addicted to searching for these great prices!  I mean , who knew I could get 3 gallons of milk for $5.00 or name brand cereals for .75 cents !!!  Now I'm gearing up for this week!  Wonder if I'll break my new record anytime soon!  We'll see...

p.s. I'm really sad to say goodbye to all my cute Valentine's stuff.  All that pink and red just brightened up my everything!

8 comments:

dixie said...

ok, how in the WORLD are you getting cereal for that price. can you give us a little tutorial on how you're saving so much? thanks!! oh yeah... LOVE your blog!! xoxo

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I too want all the details! Wow...that is awesome!

Anna said...

I can't even remember how I found your blog....guess it caught my attention b/c you have three little kiddos at home too. Yes, please, a coupon tutorial!!!!! Congrats on the savings (and you even bought normal things!)!

Lara said...

I just started doing this as well and I LOVE it! I seriously can't believe how easy it really is. And it is sooo nice to stock up on things without spending too much.

Gardner's said...

Amy I'm so happy for you!!! check out my new grocery blog at... shoppingsmartswithjodi.blogspot.com I just got it up and going and want to post people's shopping experiences. Let me know! P.S. You really need me to do a class for you! I'm coming up the end of march so let me know!

Gardner's said...

I just talked to Susie and she might want to combine with you to do a class. March 26, and 27th i can do a day class, or 28th (sat) afternoon. Sorry, evenings are already booked. I want to show you more savings on top of Grocery smarts too!

Jennie Bender said...

Definitely curious=)
Happy upcoming spring!
(Isn't that exciting! Can't wait=)

Jo said...

Wow, you have my attention ~ I'm open for suggestions, thoughts, classes or whatever you have to offer! :)

Jo

Related Posts with Thumbnails