Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

After a last minute trip to the grocery store Christmas Eve morning, I came home to find Frankie having a little snoozy by the tree.

I love him.




We always have Christmas Eve at my parents home.  



It wouldn't feel like Christmas if we didn't stop by my parents' Neighbors home to visit there amazing snow village.  They even have a fabulous light display in their yard too (no pic).

Every year it takes them 4 days to assemble the village and train which travels around the village and through tunnels.  There is a ski resort with moving skiers and chair lifts, ice skating, a drive inn dinner, and even a Krispy Kreme shop.  A magical village we all just dreamed about living in.



My kids loved it!  We all were in awe this year.  They also have a ton of Christmas stuffed animals.  Dancing Santa's, singing snowmen.  Hours of entertainment.

Sadie LOVES to hold her little brother.
(frankie 6 1/2 months old)


Back at Nana's house, an Elf named Aunt Jill arrived.  
My kids loved it and had 101 questions for Elf Jill.  She told the kids that her bells and fur had magic on them.  Later, Jill found the picture of Sadie in her camera touching the "magic" during the photo ( top group picture).


It wouldn't be Christmas without the Nativity story.   

Frankie made THE PERFECT baby Jesus

And Zach and Sadie made the perfect Mary and Joseph.



One of my favorite traditions.   Making cookies for Santa.
They taste so yummy!  Especailly at midnight or later.  

 Brothers snuggling and modeling fun gifts from Aunt Jill and Nana.

I love this time of year!  So many traditions,  great memories made and many reminders of all the blessings we have.


7 comments:

sue chappell said...

LOVE THE POST!!!

Jennifer P.S. said...

Ok, those nativity pictures are the sweetest I have ever seen! So tender!

Cathy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!!

Jill said...

I had so much fun! It just went waaay too quickly!!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Oh those family pics on the porch are gorgeous!! What a beautiful family you have Amy....Love ya!

Kristin said...

Wow - on that village!
And yes, we do sign a little with Max. Not as much as we should. I just don't know how to incorporate it. My hands are usually full, or I just forget. He watches a lot of Signing Time dvd's though. At the moment, he only knows 'doggie' and 'milk'. DDI won't give him speech therapy until he's walking, which he needs really badly, I think. And 90% of the time, the only sounds he makes are dadada's. Once in a while he'll make a 'b' sound. He's never made a mamama sound ;(

Brent said...

My cute little nephew Frankie is just too darn cute!! Love that little guy!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails