Why is Christmas so darn fun?
I honestly could not receive one single gift and just enjoy watching the kids.
The anticipation is my favorite.
I bought these darling stockings at Pottery Barn Kids a few years ago.
This year I finally got around to getting their names monogrammed on them.
I LOVE how they turned out.
Boy, did Santa enjoy those yummy sugar cookies!
We left carrots out for the reindeer too.
For Christmas our kids receive 3 things. Like the 3 Wise Men gave to the Savior.
I love all the cute ideas out there of Want, Need, Wear, Read.
We've done the 3 thing for a while now so we just stick with that. The kids totally understand it.
1 gift and a stocking from Santa and 2 gifts from Mom and Dad.
Every year, they receive plenty.
It worked out perfectly this year. This was the year that somehow, every gift I gave was a hit.
How did I get so lucky?
Cole received a big Lego ship from Santa and an "Ipod" in his stocking.
Not a real Ipod. It is called a Disney Mix Stick MP3 player
.
Santa scored BIG at EBay this year buying 3 High School Musical MP3 players for $35.
New in Box, Shipped.
The perfect thing for my music lovin' HSM obsessed kids.
Cole also received a really fun Nerf Lazer Tag game from us.
Which I highly recommend! It is such a BLAST! No Nerf bullets to keep track of.
I got this for Cole's 3rd gift...
with a DS game inside.
The 3 gifts can stretch a little. :)
If you didn't catch Sadie's wish list, check it out.
Sadie scored with a Barbie Laptop, A new baby doll and a shared gift with MaryJane
called Sweet Streets made by Fisher Price.
Which was another GREAT EBay find. I got a HUGE lot of these adorable retired toys for $80 shipped.
We ALL have spent countless hours playing Sweet Streets.
The girls LOVED their "Ipods" as well.
MaryJane just has to be like her big sister at everything. So she got a Mini Barbie laptop, A baby doll, and Sweet Streets. I love this picture of her playing Sweet Streets in her new slippers from Santa.
I couldn't get my scanner to work of the kids with Santa but MaryJane was so funny.
She was scared of him and cried and cried. I told her to tell him what she wanted and she wailed,
"A Microphone!" It was adorable.
Sweet Streets.
A Hotel, School, School bus, Mansion, Cottage House, Beach House, Post office, Salon, Pet shop, Club house, Horse and Carriage, Ice Cream truck, Carousel and lots and lots of people and furniture.
Score!
A Hotel, School, School bus, Mansion, Cottage House, Beach House, Post office, Salon, Pet shop, Club house, Horse and Carriage, Ice Cream truck, Carousel and lots and lots of people and furniture.
Score!
Santa always leaves us a nice big tin of popcorn. We love to munch on it all morning while we play.
Before and after a yummy breakfast.
This year I received my 4th I pod shuffle. My 1st one I wore into the ground, 2nd and 3rd got stolen.
I don't think it would be Christmas if I didn't get an Ipod. :)
But my ultimate favorite gift was my new barbie.
While shopping at Toys R Us over the holidays with the kids, I noticed this family set of barbies.
I could not get over this pregnant barbie! I shook and tipped the box with fascination.
I told the kids right then and there that this is what I wanted for Christmas.
They thought it was silly that Mommy wanted a barbie but they took the idea and ran.
Making arrangements with daddy to go out a get me one. The last one of all things.
They were sooooo excited to give it to me.
Can you believe your eyes? I sure couldn't. Maternity bra and underwear also included. HA.
I didn't get a pic of her flat tummy. Once the baby is out, just flip her tummy around and she's flat.
If only...
Christmas afternoon my parents and Jill stopped by for a quick visit before we spent the rest of the day with Kevin's family. Sorry, no pics.
The kids had a great time playing with their cousins.
I can't believe how fast Christmas came and went for me this year.
I think I need to start earlier on my decor next year so I can enjoy the anticipation longer.









6 comments:
Great Christmas Amy! Can't believe the pregnant Barbie! Awesome!!
Fun Christmas! I am dying over that Barbie. The baby in the belly is almost too much but totally awesome! Thanks for posting.
Oh man! Wouldnt that be grand...just flip the tummy over and its flat?! If only is right! Cute post...loved all the pic's.
Yeah, the Barbie was hysterical! Great pics, Amy!! I love the stockings, too.
Looks like you had a great Christmas. We'll be there next year just so we can take part in the gift exchange!!
What a fun year! It was so fun to catch up! I love those mix sticks..my boys had the first version, and they are still going strong! I can't wait to play with Frankie this month...I am waiting by the phone!!!
Post a Comment