My "big" 3 0 birthday is coming up next month and I'm so excited that Kevin allowed me to get my "big" birthday gift early so that I can use it for our up coming vacation and holiday. I debated so much on which camera to get. Nikon or Canon. Most people I talked to said Canon. Which is your preference? I honestly don't know. I only got the Canon because when I got down to Costco, that's all they had. The Nikon promo had ended I guess. I would still consider a Nikon if someone could help me in the decision. I'm looking forward to learning how to use it! Last night we went to sugar house park and I was able to use it a bit. Oh it was sooo much fun!! I so badly want to take a photography class. I want to know what I'm doing when I'm taking pictures of my kids. Or how to even do mini photo shoots at my house with them. Can anyone suggest a good photo class? Want to join me? I always love a good deal, then again who doesn't? I was able to use a $500 gift certificate Costco mailed to us for being an executive member! Yay! It made getting that camera not so bad! So CHECK YOUR MAIL! The girl at Costco said most people just throw those things away thinking it's just junk mail. Lucky Kevin opens every piece of mail! He's OCD about the mail. I'll save that for another post. Oh, and that cute adorable camera strap, I got it on Etsy! Go get one!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Photography 101
My "big" 3 0 birthday is coming up next month and I'm so excited that Kevin allowed me to get my "big" birthday gift early so that I can use it for our up coming vacation and holiday. I debated so much on which camera to get. Nikon or Canon. Most people I talked to said Canon. Which is your preference? I honestly don't know. I only got the Canon because when I got down to Costco, that's all they had. The Nikon promo had ended I guess. I would still consider a Nikon if someone could help me in the decision. I'm looking forward to learning how to use it! Last night we went to sugar house park and I was able to use it a bit. Oh it was sooo much fun!! I so badly want to take a photography class. I want to know what I'm doing when I'm taking pictures of my kids. Or how to even do mini photo shoots at my house with them. Can anyone suggest a good photo class? Want to join me? I always love a good deal, then again who doesn't? I was able to use a $500 gift certificate Costco mailed to us for being an executive member! Yay! It made getting that camera not so bad! So CHECK YOUR MAIL! The girl at Costco said most people just throw those things away thinking it's just junk mail. Lucky Kevin opens every piece of mail! He's OCD about the mail. I'll save that for another post. Oh, and that cute adorable camera strap, I got it on Etsy! Go get one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
A $500 gift cert...I best be checking my mail, that is sweet! We went with a Canon Digital SLR last fall and have not been disappointed, everyone says Canon/Nikon are the best, so I am sure you will LOVE it. There is so much to learn, just take a TON of pictures to get familiar and pick up a book or two on digital photography. That is what we did, and we are wanting to take a class too. Happy 30th a little early!! A great gift...
Sara G.
Read your manual with your camera in hand. It will help you understand the camera a ton. I have the same camera (I beleive) and I love love love it. Take tons of pictures, don't use your flash if possible, use natural light, play around with the manual settings vs the auto settings, you will learn more that way. Let me know if you find a class too!
me me me! pick me! I would LOVE to take a class to learn more that I can do with my camera! And, I love your camera strap... it's SO cute!
Post a Comment