Family room pick up.
At the end of the day after the house has become unraveled, we play this little game and the room is picked up in minutes.
The kids love it too. Sometimes its hard to get Cole motivated to help out. He is competitive so this game works perfectly for him.
Before we start, we all guess how long it will take for us to finish. 8 minutes, 5 minutes etc... The winner gets a prize ( a small handful of chocolate chips, a 5 min. back rub or what ever I can think of on a whim)
I start my stopwatch on my phone and we all begin singing the March of the Swiss Soldiers.
It is so fun to see the room come together in under 10 minutes. Even MaryJane gets in on it too. She asks me "Where does this go?", with each item and puts it away where I tell her to.
My only rule, put things away where it goes (not thrown into another room) or you'll be disqualified.
Do you do this with your kids? It sure is a fun way to get things done.




1 comment:
We just started a similar thing (thanks to www.flylady.net) - Piper has 5 minutes to pick up as many toys as her age (soon to be 5). I tell her she is NOT allowed to pick up more than her 4 and not after 5 minutes. Her rebellious little soul always wants to pick up more - love it. (and she loves to tell me I have 39 things to pick up!)
Post a Comment