Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pie Party

For Thanksgiving we do the every other year thing.  Since this year was with Kevin's family my mom decided to host a pie party the Sunday before so we could get together for the traditional family Thanksgiving fish pond.  
And eat pie.  
I've always wanted to try to make a pie.  
I made a Coconut Cream pie.  

 Can you believe I was able to resist the pies?  I had a small bite size taste of each. 
Oh, I was missing out!
That pecan crusted Pumpkin Pie (from the Lion House) was delish!

Maybe next year.

I made this fish pond a few years ago (pre-blogging) which has come in handy many times.  
It is made out of felt and the water is a glitter blue felt.  Fun!

Ever since I can remember, we'd have a fish pond on Thanksgiving with my cousins.  I loved it so much because I was excited for Christmas to come and receiving a small toy at Thanksgiving reminded me that it was close!

MaryJane is so sad here.  We took away her (real) Barbie fishing pole that she was so determined to bring to Nana's for the fish pond.  She nearly poked everyone in the eye with that thing.
She didn't understand that we weren't going to use that one.

It was fun to have Alexis and Aunt Cathy stop by just in time for the fun.  
 Each of the kids had to tell us what they are thankful for before receiving their prize.  


The girls got some Squinkies and Cole got a Hex bug.  

  It was great to be with my family on our off year.  A definite repeat!  

3 comments:

Jill said...

Looks so fun! Am so sad to have missed out on the fish pond and love that tradition!!

Eva Marie said...

great post love your pictures :) what a beautiful family

Cathy said...

That was so fun sharing the night with you all. Loved the pies!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails