Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween 2010

Sadly this years Halloween was so rainy. 
We quickly snapped a few pictures as the clouds were rolling in.

It poured as we began.  But thankfully it calmed down and allowed the kids to cash in on some serious candy.  

After pictures, we bundled up in coats and went on our way with our umbrellas. 


Mermaid, Barbie and Harry Potter
Every year the kids love to organize and count their candy.
Sadie is one silly girl when it comes to candy.  The pile on the right is her dislike pile.  
She's often not in the mood to even eat the candy in her like pile.

The most candy Cole has ever collected.  The Kit Kat's won with a total of 22.  Cole was out for 2 1/2 hours.  He really got into it this year.

MaryJane doing what she does best and copies her siblings for a picture with the candy.

All that candy.  Whoa.  I get sick looking at it all.  After eating my fair share on Halloween night, I've tried so hard to resist it.  Despite my efforts of keeping the candy out of sight or limited to a few a day, everywhere I turn in my house I seem to be faced with candy.  I couldn't take it any longer.  So I let Cole pick out 10 of his favorites and bought all the rest of his candy for $5.00 and got rid of it.  The best money I've spent this month!  The girls, don't even ask for it.

I Love you Halloween,  I just don't like all the candy you leave behind.  I like it all too much.



4 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

Oh man! Tell me your secret...my kids are candy addicts. They have already gone through their Halloween candy and would continue eating it if it were around! Ugh... Your kids looked darling as usual. We love our Harry Potter costume from last year...it makes a great, no fuss costume for school especially :)

Jill said...

Are you kidding me?! That pic of MJ fat-doggin it with her tongue hanging out around all that candy is killing me! Hilarious! Great costumes! Cole's HP was perfect!!

heather said...

I like the idea of having them sort their candy. My kids would love doing that. We'll have to remember to do that next year.

Anneliese said...

Such darling photos! I love your Halloween banner right now too. I can't believe how grown up Sadie looks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails