Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Party in my mouth!!



I love french toast!  Who doesn't love french toast?  I love to make it for any special occasion and for anyone who is also a french toast fan.  I have felt like I've mastered making french toast until today.  For our traditional conference morning breakfast,  I made my french toast.  But this time I bought yummy apple cinnamon swirl bread from House of Bread near my house.  It had cinnamon and apple baked in the bread.   I sliced the bread about an half inch thick.  I also have the yummiest buttermilk syrup recipe that just makes it!  If you like the Magleby's Fresh syrup in provo, I guarantee you'll LOVE this!!  I'm not kidding,  I was dieing at every bite!  Oh so delicious!  A definite REPEAT!!  

Buttermilk recipe:
1 cube butter
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups sugar
3 T. corn syrup
1 t. baking soda
2 t. vanilla
Melt butter, buttermilk, sugar, corn syrup, together to a low boil.  Add soda and boil for 3 min.  Take off heat and add vanilla.  Make in a med to big pot.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

JaNeen said...

Amy that looks so good! You are a great photographer, what don't you do! you are amazing.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That sounds like a party in my mouth too! Yum! I want to try that bread now and syrup.

Thanks for sharing!

Park Family said...

That looks SO good. I will have to remember that you'll be making such a yummy breakfast next conference Sunday, we'll all jump the fence and come join you.

clarke fam said...

You gave me that recipe a few years ago and my family is addicted to it. I make up a double batch of the syrup so we can always have it on hand. Almost every Sunday morning Brandon makes his really yummy french toast, and we have it with that syrup. Delish!!

s g said...

I love french toast and this syrup recipe looks to die for...I will have to give it a try- thanks for sharing, and that bread looks awesome too.
Sara g.

Kristin said...

I have the same syrup recipe and do agree it is "lick the plate when you're done" good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails