Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ice Cream in a Baggie!


I am the Activity Leader for girls 8-11 in our ward.  I The girls love do the crafts and fun activities!  Yesterday I taught them how to make Ice Cream in a Baggie!  It was delicious!  And VERY easy!  I was so surprised!  So I am posting the recipe because it was a GREAT activity and such a fun thing to do with your family!  We played games and passed them around to shake them for 10 min.  Then we topped them with crushed Oreo's and M&M's YUM!  
You MUST try it!

Materials

2 T.  sugar
1/4  teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup half & half
1 cup(+) crushed ice
1/2 cup(+) rock salt (found at any grocery store)
1 Quart sized Ziploc freezer bag
1 Gallon sized Ziploc freezer bag OR tupperware 
   large enough to hold the Ziploc of ice cream and ice.  
Duct Tape
Cups
Spoons
Napkins
Toppings (optional)

Directions
  1. Put the milk, half & half, sugar and vanilla in the 1 quart freezer bag and seal. For security, fold a piece of duct tape over the seal. 
  2. Place the bag with the ingredients inside a Gallon sized Ziploc freezer bag. Pack the crushed ice around the bag. 
  3. Pour 1 cup of salt evenly of the ice. 
  4. Seal the bag with a strip of duct tape and shake for about 10 minutes. Wipe the bag to be sure salt water doesn’t get into the ice cream. 
  5. Cut a corner of the bag and squeeze into Dixie cups. 1 bag should fill about 2 small cups.   
Tip:  You can double this recipe to make about 5 small cups. 

My friend Kami also posted a GREAT coloring activity to do with your kids!  I can't wait to try it! (click on her name to be linked to the activity idea!)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for the idea. I did it with my kids today and they loved it!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I have made ice cream that way before, and it is a lot of fun!

Thanks for the shout out. What a cool site, eh.

Park Family said...

I am so going to do it with my boys. YUM!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails