Well we made it! No illness!
I've learned from some of the mommies in my DS group to double up on procedures when we have Frankie go under. What a great idea!
So Frankie had his Eye Muscle surgery from an Opthamologist and the
ENT retrieved Frankie's old tubes, put in new ones and did a scope on his narrow airway.
Remember how the old ENT pushed a tube through Frankie's ear drum a year ago?
Looking back, I guess I didn't post about it. Our old doc had such a hard time getting in the small tubes and in doing so accidentally pushed the tube through the ear drum. Telling me he'd have to wait to retrieve it. So Frankie had 2 tubes in one ear and 1 in the other.
Our new doc was able to get then all out for us. :)
What a cute boy all dressed up for surgery.
Can you believe he is 19 MONTHS OLD?!!!!!
He gives the best kisses!
Reading with daddy to help with any pre-surgery jitters :).
Frankie's ENT came out to have a chat with us before the procedure and Frankie just leaped into his arms. It was so cute.
Post op. Frankie was pretty sad waking up (before they came and got me). Once he heard my voice he calmed right down, I picked him up and his body just melted onto mine and we just snuggled and rocked.
That was the fun part.
Cole thought Frankie would enjoy a soothing back rub. Which he did.
Tummy time is Frankie's favorite position! Arms tucked under tummy as he slowly moves his hips up and down. It's quite interesting actually. :)
The white of his eye was all bloody and red for a few weeks.
Each day it got better and less swollen.
I love how the doc gave us his old tubes!
I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW TINY THEY ARE!
Not at all what I thought tubes looked like.
They're metal.
The only after pics I have:
His alignment is much better. Right on.
Before I used to have TONS of photos with his eyes crossed.
Now I can hardly find any.
His eyes are in sync with each other as he moves them around and looks at things.
I'm so grateful that things went well and these procedures are behind us now.
Yay for another good surgery experience!





2 comments:
How fun to catch up on your fun life! The kids are so cute and growing so fast. Frankie's eye looks fantastic and he is just the cutest happiest little boy :) And you my friend...you look FABULOUS!! What is your secret?
Hi Amy!
He looks so great! I'm glad the surgery went well. I love the new Valentine's Day header. :)
Post a Comment