Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Eye Surgery

A post blasted with Frankie photos!  He is such a good baby. 
 I can't believe he is now 18 MONTHS OLD!!!
Really it's like having a ten month old...which I LOVE!
  He has been trying to pull up on things lately.  

Favorite game of all time, emptying out the toy basket.  
Wearing his Hip Helpers.  Frankie's muscle tone is so low.  He is always doing the splits so the Hip Helpers keeping him from doing that and to teach him how to properly use his hip flexors for crawling and walking development.  

Frankie can army crawl and is ALL over the place!!  Always looking for his siblings to play with.
And he puts everything in his mouth!  Yuck!

He is scheduled to have surgery this month on his left eye.  To straighten his eye muscles (Sadie likes to call him googlie eyed :)).  I am really hoping this will help him along in his gross motor skills.  
Of the moms I have talked to that have had this done for their child, most of them said their child hit a major mile stone within a few weeks after the procedure.  Walking or crawling.

Having his eye cross inward affects his depth of field and balance.  He is always looking and studying things with his head tilted.  I'm SO hoping this will help him along.  

Going for the split to sit motion.

Unfortunaltey this procedure was supposed to take place in Novemeber but two nights before he got croup, AGAIN!  Any clear runny nose he gets turns into croup due to his small airways.  

So I have been trying my hardest to keep him healthy for the new suregery date this month.  
What a terrible time to do it!  


I love this picture of Frankie!  He was happily playing one day and I walked in and said hi to him and he just cheesed right back at me with that feather stuck to his chin.  No clue that it's there.  Just happy to see his mama.  I don't even know where the feather came from?  A pillow?

I love the simple joy this little boy brings!





4 comments:

heather said...

He’s such a doll! What a nice relief it will be to have the surgery over with. I remember how hard it was to keep Morgan healthy with 3 older siblings loving on here during the middle of yuck season.

P.S. Love the banner and blog name! You are so creative!

Jill said...

I LOVE FRANKIE!!!

Meghann said...

How can Frankie be 18 months old already?! He is so cute he charms the happy right out of me! He's doing so great! P didn't need surgery but glasses caused an explosion of developmental skills. Good luck keeping him healthy!

sue chappell said...

I love this little boy and he loves his NANA too! I love the way he smiles when he see me and those precious kisses!

Related Posts with Thumbnails