I've never made or had much desire to make a chicken pot pie. Although it always sounds so good! I found this recipe in my new 101 Things To Do With A Casserole cookbook and thought I'd give it a try. It was so good and EASY! The family just INHALED it! A definite new fave!
The Recipe:
2 cups frozen veggies (instead, I cut up fresh veggies and boiled them. sweet potatoes, carrots)
I added frozen corn and peas but mixed them in frozen with everything so they wouldn't be too soggy after baking.
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken (2 ckn breasts)
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup (I used just one)
3/4 cup Milk
1/2 t. Thyme or Rosemary (I used thyme, my favorite! 1/2 t. was a little too strong. I'll do 1/4 t. next time)
1/2 t. black pepper (I used 1/4 teaspoon)
1 can refrigerated flaky biscuits
Cook and Cut veggies into bite-sized pieces.
Combine all ingredients except biscuits in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake @ 400 uncovered for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and stir. Quickly cut biscuits in half and place them cut side down over hot chicken and veggie mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes more until biscuits are golden brown and done in the center.
A total winter meal but it was great to try something new that the family enjoyed!




6 comments:
Sounds so yummy! I am heading to the store in a minute or so and may jot this down! We have never had anything like this!
Thanks for sharing!
-Sandy Toes
Oh my this sounds yummy. Something quick to fix during the week and I think I would like it to. Picky eater I am.
Love your blog and had to add you to my favorites. Look forward to reading more. Your babies are so beautiful. Have a good weekend!
Beth
I can't wait to try this- I need to go buy some biscuits though. Thank you for something so quick!
I am gonna try it....looks so good!
You have been TAGGED!
-Sandy Toes
i will have to try this recipe. it sounds so simple and looks so delicious. thanks for the recipe and feedback.
Post a Comment