Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Secret is in the Sauce!

Last week was quite the week!  Kevin was home sick all week(with influenza).  Thanks flu shot for working so well!  And family came in town over the weekend!  I was sad when I realized the lack of photos I had taken while they were here.  Oh well, at least we have memories!  

While they were here one night, we made some yummy pizza!  We used one of our favorite sauces that we made from my Favorite cookbook!  Which you can buy at Make a Wish Foundation.  You MUST try this sauce!  It has a little bit of sweetness to it.  

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (16-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes.  Add tomatoes, stir in seasonings and simmer about 10 minutes.  Makes enough for 1 large or 2 small pizzas.

For the crust we just used one of those Pillsbury Pizza Crusts.  Cole LOVED the fact that it was square!  I have a crust recipe but never think to make it in time to let it rise one hour.  Do you have a yummy, fast pizza crust recipe? Do share!

Thanks for hanging out Mike and Chantel!  It was great to see you guys!

3 comments:

Amelia said...

It sounds really good!

Park Family said...

That is also my favorite cookbook I haven't tried the SAUCE yet but I am going to have to pizza is a favorite for the boys.

chantel said...

we had so much fun too and my hair look s excellent. The only bummer is Jaida and I both got Kevins flu... we are both on day 6 and it sucks bad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails