It was such a blast all week! Cole popped out of bed the first morning just dying to do something for his Secret Pal! He drew Kevin's name and came up with some pretty funny ideas of things to do for him. My favorite was his idea to leave the toilet seat up for his dad. LOL. I helped him empty all the trash, write love notes to put in Kevin's planner, hide treats and other little things. Cole was just ready to burst all week to tell his dad that he was his Secret Pal. Sadie even got the hang of it too. But mostly loved getting things from her Secret Pal.
And just to document my two favorite memories of the week. When Cole discovered his bed had been made and a chocolate left on his pillow, he just couldn't get over it and kept demanding to know who it was. He asked everyone, "Was it you?" To which we would reply, "I can't tell you!" He couldn't stand it! It was so fun at that moment to see him grasp the concept of a Secret Pal. And then later in the week I over heard Cole trying to help Sadie come up with some ideas of things to do to her Secret Pal (which was me). Some of his suggestions were to do the dishes for mom or put away my make-up. He was so excited to help!
It was so fun on Valentine's morning to reveal who had who as their Secret Pal. We all got to first guess who it was before we were told. This really added a lot of extra love around our home during the week. Such a fun thing to do within our family! Thanks Nana for spreading the LOVE!




2 comments:
Oh, I'm so happy they all got the hang of it! ITs' true - serving others is the best kind of happiness!
I think we are joining your family. You have had the sweetest Valentines ideas. I can't wait to see what's coming for the rest of the year.
Post a Comment